Machine Learning and Natural Language
- Assignments in this class will include:
- Scribing lectures
Latex templates will be provides and each lecture one of the students will generate lecture notes that will be made available on the course web site within a week from the lecture.
- Presenting papers
After the first few lectures we will have at least one paper presentation in each class meeting. The presentations will be graded. Part of the grade is determined by the feedback given by students. On the day of the presentation please send me email in the following format:
- Subject line: CS546 Presentation feedback mm/dd/2011
- Paper Presented: Title
- Presenter: Student's name
- Feedback: (For all categories below include a single integer, 1 (bad) -- 4 (Excellent))
- Understanding of the Material:
- Relating to previous presentations/works/lectures:
- Answering Questions
- Overall Quality:
- Critical reading reports
Instructions and due dates for the Critical Reading Essays.
You will write a critical report for 4 papers (outside those you will be presenting) during the semester.